Maria Pia Ammirati
Maria Pia Ammirati
Giancarlo Di Gregorio
Director Communication and PR
Director Historical Archive, Films and Docs
Domenico Pinuccio D’Arino
Chief Operating Officer
Istituto Luce – Cinecittà is a state-owned company whose main shareholder is the Ministero della Cultura (MiC).
Main departments and activities include:
- Managing the legendary Cinecittà Studios and labs, (founded in 1937), which provides the film and audiovisual industry with a range of essential services: from sound stages, set design and creation to executive production, post-production and restoration expertise.
- Promoting Italian Contemporary Cinema in the World, as the Italian Member of EFP – European Film Promotion. This includes support at international Festivals, organization of themed events and the publication of an Online Database monitoring new productions and the international circulation of movies.
- Managing the Creative Europe – Media Desk for Italy
- Archivio Luce is one of the most important film and photographic Archives, preserving a large audiovisual collection about the history of the twentieth century. It has been included by UNESCO in the registry “Memory of the World”.
- Publishing Italy for Movies, he portal for locations and film and audiovisual production incentives in Italy and the daily on-line news magazine CinecittàNews
- Cinecittà Events a system that combines technology and creativity to create events of every type in exclusive and tailored spaces inside the Studios.
- MIAC – Italian Museum of Moving Images and Cinecittà Shows Off, the permanent exhibition about Cinecittà Studios, provide a cultural offer to schools, tourists and the domestic public.
- Promoting Italian Classical Cinema in the World, including organization of dedicated Events in cooperation with leading cultural institutions, film restoration and a film library of 3000 subtitled features.
- Worldwide distribution of selected classical and contemporary Italian movies and documentaries.
- Domestic distribution of Italian feature-length films by first and second directors and documentaries.